Alta Sky Dental
4303 W Peoria Ave
Glendale, AZ 85302
Job Title: Benefits Coordinator
The primary role of the Benefits Coordinator (BC) is to gain a financial commitment from the patient in order to start the best possible treatment as soon as possible. Some key duties associated with gaining a financial commitment include: utilizing financial options, educating patients on treatment choices, overcoming common patient rejections, and keeping dentists’ schedules productive. The Benefits Coordinator should approach each patient in a consultative and educational manner, being careful to avoid abrasive and/or aggressive sales techniques.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
1. Gain a financial commitment from the patient
2. Utilize tools, skills, and talents to assist patients in making the best possible decision for their unique wants and needs, remembering that the most important choice the patient will make is getting started with Treatment.
3. Coordinate fees and insurance benefits for patients visiting general practitioners.
4. Utilize available financial options to give patients choices for how they can pay.
5. Professionally overcome the common patient objections/rejections.
6. Maintain accurate patient financial paperwork and adherence to the office manager’s financial arrangement parameters.
7. Properly use patient account software and maintain accuracy in records related to patient financials.
8. Obtain necessary insurance approvals in a timely manner. .
9. Partner with the Specialty BC, when appropriate, to complete patient care.
10. Adhere to criteria with respect to facility cleanliness and maintenance.
11. Participate in meetings as required.
12. Adhere to office values.
13. Help in exceeding patient expectations.
14. Maintain an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policy.
15. Ensure compliance with Company policies, as well as State, Federal and other regulatory bodies’.
16. Provide feedback regarding specific tactics that change financial and patient outcomes so the rest of the organization can benefit.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES: EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION
All of the information contained herein reflects general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this classification, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the duties and/or work assignments of all positions, without advance notice, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply online.