Alta Sky Dental
4303 W Peoria Ave
Glendale, AZ 85302
Job Title: Dental Assistant
Dental assistants perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties. Dental assistants prepare patients for oral examination and assist other dental professionals in providing treatment to the teeth, mouth, and gums. Dental assistants must work effectively with co-workers, customers, and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions, and add!essing others by name, actions, words and deeds. Must support the policies and goals of SDA , and thus participate in the growth and future of our office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential. function satisfactorily with or without accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
1. Perform functions in accordance with the applicable state’s Dental Auxiliaries Table of Permitted Duties.
2. Actively participate in the Perfect Patient Experience’” by striving to keep your patients focused on optimal treatment while attending to their individual concerns and promoting the good qualities of your doctor.
3. Maintain a clean, sterile, and cheerful environment where your patients feel comfortable prepare patients for treatment, and assist the doctors -thereby enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment.
4. Obtain dental history and/or records from patient (review patient health history and care slips). Ensure that the health history is updated for all returning patients.
5. Escort patients to/from the front desk and introduce them to the Benefits Coordinator.
6. Prepare tray setups for dental procedures and maintain adequate supply levels in each operatory, replenishing as needed.
7. Complete radiographs and intra-oral pictures of patients as appropriate.
8. Hand instruments and materials to dentists and keep patients’ mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
9. Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment.
10. Instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
11. Record patient charting and all doctor notes in the digital patient chart as directed by the doctor. Ensure the doctor has reviewed treatment record, consents, and health history.
12. Prepare materials for making impressions and restorations.
13. Clean each operatory in accordance with the American Dental Association guidelines.
14. Maintain an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with company policy.
15. Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
16. Other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION:
REQUIRED: Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED), and specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure, or registration.
DESIRABLE: Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• As mandated by applicable state (e.g, coronal polish, radiograph exposure, ultrasonic scaling for orthodontic procedures, pit and fissure sealant application, etc).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, and smell. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch, The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed tofumes, airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply online.