Alta Sky Dental
4303 W Peoria Ave
Glendale, AZ 85302
Job Title: Dental Hygienist
SUMMARY: Registered Dental Hygienists (RDH) perform a variety of patient care functions, including but not limit~o preparing patients for oral examination and assist other dental professionals in providing treatment to the teeth, mouth, and gums. RDHs use preventive, educational and therapeutic methods for controlling oral diseases to help individual patients and groups achieve and maintain oral health. RDHs must work effectively with co-workers, customers, and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions, and addressing others by name, actions, words, and deeds. Must support the policies and goals of SSD ,and thus participate in the growth and future of the company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skill,and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential job functions.
1. Perform functions in accordance with the applicable state’s permitted functions.
2. Strive to keep your patients focused on optimal treatment while attending to their individual concerns and promoting the good qualities of your doctor.
3. Educate and counsel children and adults on dental health, plaque control, oral hygiene and nutrition.
4. Remove deposits and stains from teeth by scaling and root planing.
5. Assist in the prevention and control of dental caries (decay) and gum disease.
6. Select and use appropriate fluoride treatments and polish tooth restorations.
7. Obtain and review dental history and/or records from patient (review patient health history and care slips). Ensure that the health history is updated for all returning patients.
8. Educate patients regarding the importance of oral hygiene, as well as instruction and demonstration of effective oral hygiene methods.
9. Maintain an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policy.
10. Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
11 . Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED: Degree or certification for Hygiene from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent
combination of education and experience sufficient to meet state licensure requirements. Commitment to continuing
education for hygiene and dentistry.
DESIRABLE: Advanced degree (e.g., Masters) for Hygiene from an accredited college or technical school; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid and current Registered Dental Hygienist license in accordance with applicable state licensure requirements.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; smell. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
All of the information contained herein reflects general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this classification, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Management reserves the rights to add, modify change, or rescind the duties and/or work assignments of all positions, without advance notice, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply online.