Job: Dental Hygienist
Job DescriptionJob Title: Dental Hygienist SUMMARY: Registered Dental Hygienists (RDH) perform a variety of patient care functions, including but not limit~o preparing patients for oral examination and assist other dental professionals in providing treatment to the teeth, mouth, and gums. RDHs use preventive, educational and therapeutic methods for controlling oral diseases to help individual patients and groups achieve and maintain oral health. RDHs must work effectively with co-workers, customers, and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions, and addressing others by name, actions, words, and deeds. Must support the policies and goals of SSD ,and thus participate in the growth and future of the company. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skill,and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. 1. Perform functions in accordance with the applicable state’s permitted functions. 2. Strive to keep your patients focused on optimal treatment while attending to their individual concerns and promoting the good qualities of your doctor. 3. Educate and counsel children and adults on dental health, plaque control, oral hygiene and nutrition. 4. Remove deposits and stains from teeth by scaling and root planing. 5. Assist in the prevention and control of dental caries (decay) and gum disease. 6. Select and use appropriate fluoride treatments and polish tooth restorations. 7. Obtain and review dental history and/or records from patient (review patient health history and care slips). Ensure that the health history is updated for all returning patients. 8. Educate patients regarding the importance of oral hygiene, as well as instruction and demonstration of effective oral hygiene methods. 9. Maintain an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policy. 10. Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices). 11 . Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES: EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: REQUIRED: Degree or certification for Hygiene from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to meet state licensure requirements. Commitment to continuing education for hygiene and dentistry. DESIRABLE: Advanced degree (e.g., Masters) for Hygiene from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CERTIFICATES/LICENSES/REGISTRATIONS: • Valid and current Registered Dental Hygienist license in accordance with applicable state licensure requirements. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively and present information, both verbally and in writing, to patients and coworkers.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as business periodicals, professional dental journals, technical procedure manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, decimals and percentages. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All of the information contained herein reflects general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this classification, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Management reserves the rights to add, modify change, or rescind the duties and/or work assignments of all positions, without advance notice, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply online.