Alta Sky Dental
4303 W Peoria Ave
Glendale, AZ 85302
Job Title: Dental Assistant
SUMMARY: The primary role of the Receptionist is to get patients to come into the office, and warmly connect with the patient during their time spent in the reception area. Some key duties associated with getting patients in and connecting with them include: excellent telephone skills and greeting guests in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner. The receptionist should demonstrate a warm and approachable disposition to each patient (on the phone and in person) providing the best possible “first impression” of the dental office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
1. Get patients to come into the office, and warmly connect with them during any time spent in the reception area.
2. Provide a good “First Impression” for patients through professional, friendly, and hospitable interaction.
3. Help ensure office success by getting patients into the office through excellent telephone skills.
4. Interact with individuals in the reception area during their wait time.
5. Schedule appointments in accordance with dental office parameters.
6. Answer telephones in a thorough and timely manner.
7. Perform tasks with accuracy, attention to detail, and within specified periods.
8. Post charges and payments to patient accounts in accordance with Company policies.
9. Set-up accounts and create charts for new patients.
10. Assist patients with completion of paperwork.
11. Assist in coordinating front and back office patient flow and notify back office staff of each patient’s arrival.
12. Confirm all patient appointments at least two days in advance.
13. Check messages on the office’s answering machine and return all calls.
14. Be punctual and participate in meetings as required.
15. Maintain a clean and welcoming front office environment at all times.
16. Maintain an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policy.
17. Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other pertinent laws or regulations (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES: EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
All of the information contained herein reflects general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this classification, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the duties and/or work assignments of all positions, without advance notice, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply online.